The 8301 is a PoE IP Paging Adapter for integrating legacy analog voice paging systems into a premise or hosted UC environment as a third party SIP endpoint. The Adapter eliminates the need for an ATA or FXS port. Features include G.722 wideband support with isolated and balanced line output for optimum clarity and intelligibility without hum or noise.
To the network side, the 8301 is a SIP endpoint for easy integration with an IP telephone system. It is configured using the intuitive web interface or provisioning capabilities.
On the paging side, the 8301 provides balanced audio output using both an XLR connector and terminal block for easy connection to an amplifier, along with a dry contact closure if required by the amplifier.
Further speech enhancement is provided by automatic level control, choice of frequency masks, and optional speech compression. Output level is compatible with consumer, commercial, and pro-audio amplifiers requiring either -10 dBm, 0 dBm, or +4 dBu line level.
An audio input (also balanced and isolated to prevent equipment ground loops) can be used for auxiliary input or insertion of the 8301 between existing equipment. This allows IP based paging or emergency notification to take control of the amplifier as necessary.
Multicast capability allows scalability for multiple amplifiers as well as integration with any number of Algo IP speakers, strobes and adapters (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8301, 8373) for a complete voice paging system.
Emergency Notification Alerting
An auxiliary input allows an optional wall button (e.g., 1202 Call Button or external switch to initiate a SIP call or play a WAV file stored in the adapter's memory for notification alerting.
A WAV file may also be played by dialing the adapter's Ring extension, configured for ring/announcement activation only. Up to 10 Ring extensions are available to register on a single adapter (or 8186, 8188) for applications requiring different types of emergency notification alerting (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, etc.). A Call To Cancel feature can be configured in the 8301 to allow emergency alerting to play continuously for the duration of the event, until a designated extension registered to the speaker is called to stop the alert. Any combination and number of Algo IP endpoints can receive a multicast for such emergency alerting.
The 8301 also features a Scheduler for automating the playing and multicasting of WAV file tones, bells, announcements, music, etc. The Scheduler uses the NTP server to synchronize with IP clocks, and is ideal for schools (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (e.g., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.
Please contact us for application assistance.
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility - no hum or noise
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint
- PoE (802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA and zone controller
- Multicasting capability for scalability to add more zone coverage and include other IP endpoints
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Isolated and balanced audio output
- Automatic level control
- Internal zone control relays (3)
- Multicast for cost effective scalability - mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8301, 8373)
- Multicast receive or broadcast capability
- Polycom Group Page
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, and Polycom to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP)
- SNMP supervision
- Multiple SIP registration for Page (50) extensions
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE
- IP voice paging for a school, campus, hospital, retail store, and office
- Multicast wide area emergency, safety and security notification alerts (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, reverse evacuation, medical emergency, safety alert, etc.)
- OSHA compliance
- Scheduled or automated announcements. Using the Algo 8301 to multicast, announcements/tones can be played over any model of Algo IP speaker. For example, school (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (i.e., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.
- Combine with all variety of Algo visual and audible IP endpoints to create more comprehensive notification alerting solutions (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8301, 8373)
- IP loud ringing to avoid missed calls in a higher noise environment where telephone ringing is difficult to hear
- Play background music (e.g., multicast via 8301 music input)
||Paging Adapter & Scheduler
||Optional Audio Cable: Output XLR-Mini Female to XLR Male
||Optional Audio Cable: Input XLR-Mini Male to XLR Female
||Optional High Visibility Call Switch
||Optional Single Gang Call Switch